Where to go on holiday 2023? Why do about one million tourists cross the border of the Bukowina Tatrzanska municipality every year? Here are 10 reasons why it is worth visiting this place more than once a year.
- Bukowina Tatrzańska is the only Polish commune, where from the lowest point (680 m.a.s.l.) to the highest point (Rysy 2499 m.a.s.l.) there is an altitude difference of as much as 1819 metres. This is an unprecedented difference in altitude, rarely seen even in Alpine communities.
- The only (non-melting) glaciers in Poland exist only in Bukowina Tatrzańska. The oldest and largest of them, over 400 years old, is located in Mięguszowiecki Żlebie nad Morskim Okiem.
- Due to its location within the borders of Bukowina Tatrzańska there are many tourist attractions, such as: the highest peak of the Polish Tatra Mountains, i.e. Rysy (2499 m), Morskie Oko, Valley of Five Polish Ponds, Wielka Siklawa waterfall in Roztoka Valley, as well as Białka River, dividing the commune into two ethnographic regions: Spisz and Podhale.
- The most famous and beautiful lake in the Tatra Mountains -Morskie Oko lies in the commune of Bukowina Tatrzańska, which within its borders has as many as 8 Tatra lakes with a total depth of 300 metres.
- It is a real paradise for skiers and snowboarders. Bukowina Tatrzańska has 22 ski lifts: 15 talerzykowe, 6 orczykowa and 1 chairlift. This puts it in first place in the whole country.
- Bukowina Tatrzańska can boast one of the most impressive swimming pool complexes in Poland. There are as many as 12 thermal pools here, their temperature ranges from 28 to 36°C and they are located literally at the foot of the Tatra Mountains, and plenty of additional attractions - including slides, saunas, a brine graduation tower or a spa centre - make it possible to spend many long hours in the BUKOVINA Thermal Baths.
- Bukowina Tatrzańska is a paradise for cyclists. A 40-kilometre-long cycling route leads from Bukowina Tatrzańska through Czarna Góra, Trybsz, Gronków and Leśnica to Rusinowy Wierch. It takes up to 4 hours to complete it.
- In the area of Bukowina Tatrzańska there is the greatest chance to meet a bear. There are about 5-6 bears living within the commune and during the year they repeatedly surprise people crossing the mountains.
- Due to its location, snow in Bukowina Tatrzańska melts very slowly and does not disappear in the highest parts from June to September.
- Such a small curiosity at the end. On the night of 25-26 January 1938, the aurora borealis appeared over the village and could be admired for nearly 6 hours. It was the first and only documented phenomenon of this kind in Poland.
Travel is all about experiences and memories, and Bukowina Tatrzańska is just waiting to be discovered by seasoned travellers.